Say goodbye to scrubbing and hello to sparkling shower tiles! Tiles and showers create a beautiful combination, but over time, they can lose their shine due to stubborn dirt and moisture. Cleaning these tiles may seem like a daunting task, but fear not! We have a solution for you. In this blog post, our reliable house cleaners share their tips and tricks to effortlessly clean your shower tiles.
Get ready to restore your shower’s brilliance without the need for rigorous scrubbing. Say hello to a pristine shower that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
How to clean your shower tiles without scrubbing
You may think shower tiles need some kind of special cleaner to keep them pristine. Actually, you can clean them with common household items and products, and better yet, you won’t need to scrub a single time.
Check out this guide and leave your bathroom tiles shining again!
Make your ceramic tiles spotless
Ceramic and porcelain tiles are scratch and moisture-resistant. Nonetheless, that doesn’t mean they can’t get dirty. Luckily, you’ll just need a couple of items to clean them.
- Prepare the room: Weaken the stains by running hot water in your shower. Close the curtains and bathroom door and let it run for 30 minutes. The steam will loosen the grime, making things easier for you.
- Make a solution: Mix equal parts of vinegar and dishwashing detergent inside a spray bottle for a powerful DIY cleaning solution.
- Cleaning time: Spray your homemade solution over the tiles, focusing on the dirtier spots. Let it act for about an hour to wear down the grime efficiently. After that, use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe it off.
- Don’t forget to dry: When water dries, it can leave behind traces of minerals that cause white stains to appear. Avoid this by wiping the moisture with a clean, dry cloth.
Pro tip: For an even better result, make a baking soda paste by mixing ½ cup baking soda with a few tablespoons of water. Spread it over the stains before spraying the area, and you’ll take out even the most stubborn stain!
Clean your natural stone tiles
Natural stone showers make for eye-catching bathroom designs. However, they need some special considerations to avoid any damage as they are more delicate than other tile materials—vinegar and other acidic solutions are off the table!
- Hot bath: As with ceramic tiles, you can let hot water run for half an hour to create a steam layer to rehydrate and weaken the stains.
- Make a DIY solution: A mix of dishwasher detergent and warm water will be enough to clean your tiles. Be careful not to use much detergent as it could leave soap scum once dry.
- Clean and dry: Grab a microfiber and dampen it with your cleaning solution. Wipe along the surface until no more stains remain. Rinse the tiled surface with water and dry with a clean microfiber to avoid mold and mildew.
Note: You can also do a quick daily cleaning of your stone tiles. Clean any spills you notice with a soft broom or brush.
Shiny Tiles? Now let us clean the rest of your house!
Stain-free tiles and a clean bathroom are only the first steps toward a spotless house! At 4 Senses House Cleaning, we will gladly take over your cleaning chores while you relax. Our highly-skilled cleaners, eco-friendly options, and various packages make us your best choice.
Categorised in: Cleaning Tips
This post was written by 4 Senses House Cleaning