The microwave has become a kitchen essential, making meal preparation a breeze. However, with food splatters and spills, keeping the inside of your microwave clean is crucial. No one wants lingering odors or stubborn stains sabotaging their cooking endeavors.
Worry not, as there are effective solutions to restore your microwave’s pristine condition. Best of all, you don’t need any special products; everything you need is likely already in your pantry!
In this guide, brought to you by expert house cleaners, we’ll unveil four DIY methods to effortlessly clean your microwave. Say goodbye to lingering smells, stubborn stains, and potential fire hazards. With these tried-and-true techniques, your microwave will be spotless and ready for your next culinary adventure.
Let’s dive in and discover the secrets to a sparkling microwave that shines as brightly as your cooking skills!
1. The lemon method
If someone tells you lemon juice is enough to clean a grimy surface, would you believe them?
You should! That’s all it takes to clean the messy insides of your microwave in a completely natural way.
The lemon method is easy, quick, and doesn’t require any scrubbing. The best part is it leaves a nice lemony scent once you’re done!
Follow these steps to clean your microwave with only lemon and water:
- Step 1: Get a microwave-safe bowl and fill it halfway with water. Then, slice a lemon in half, squeeze it over the bowl, and leave both halves in the container.
- Step 2: Microwave the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Wait with the microwave door closed—3 minutes will do. Then, remove the bowl, but be careful! It might be hot. Finally, wipe the walls with a clean cloth, and you’re done!
2. The vinegar method
Let’s say you don’t have lemons in your house. No need to fret! Here’s another quite easy method that also doesn’t require scrubbing!
Follow these instructions to clean your microwave with white vinegar:
- Step 1: Get a microwave-safe bowl and add a cup of water. Then, add 2 tbsp of white vinegar. You can add more vinegar if you need it!
- Step 2: Microwave the bowl for 5 minutes; you’ll notice the liquid starts to boil.
- Step 3: Leave the microwave door closed for around 3 minutes; the steam will help loosen up the grime. You can now carefully remove the bowl, but remember it’s still hot! All that’s left to do is wipe the inside of the microwave with a sponge or a cloth.
3. The baking soda method
If you want to try something different, here’s another excellent method for removing even the greasiest stains from your microwave!
Follow these directions to clean your microwave using baking soda:
- Step 1: Get a microwave-safe bowl and add a cup of water. Then, add 2 tbsp of baking soda and mix it.
- Step 2: Microwave the bowl (5 minutes are enough).
- Step 3: Remove the bowl, but remember it’s hot! So use a mitt or a cloth. Before you wipe, you can also sprinkle baking soda on the inside of the microwave. Baking soda is slightly abrasive, so using it for scrubbing will make it even easier to get rid of the stuck-on grime. Next, carefully scrub with a sponge and hot water!
4. The soapy water method
Of course, we couldn’t leave out the classic! This one is so straightforward it needs almost no explanation.
Follow these steps to clean the inside of your microwave with soap and water:
- Step 1: Get a small bowl and fill it with water. Then, add as much soap as you need.
- Step 2: All you need to do now is to grab a sponge and start scrubbing!
Super easy, right?
Not enough time to tackle chores?
Spending fifteen minutes scrubbing your microwave can seem like a lot of time when you are on a tight schedule. Besides, your microwave it’s not the only thing you should be cleaning in your kitchen.
But don’t worry; 4 Senses House Cleaning is here to help you with your house cleaning needs!
We offer the best cleaning services for your home in Dane County. As a local company, our main goal is to deliver you a clean, safe, and healthy house! Get your free quote today!
Categorised in: Cleaning Tips
This post was written by 4 Senses House Cleaning